History

The saga of Sarada Vilas Educational Institutions began in the year 1861 when His Highness Mummadi Sri. Krishnaraja Wodeyar, the then ruler of Mysore state, directed his courtman Rao Bahadur Sri. Bhakshi Narasappa to start an Educational Institution in Mysore so as to make the town a Centre for Education.

In keeping with the desire of the king, Sri. Narasappa founded a school and named it Sarada Vilas Anglo-Sanskrit School. In the beginning, it was housed in a temple and later shifted to the Lansdowne building.

In 1899, the king formed a Governing Body to manage the affairs of the school. Sri. M. Venkatakrishnaiah, popularly called Tataiah, was named the Secretary. He was mainly instrumental in developing the Institution. In 1904, the school was shifted to the Lansdowne building. The High school section was started in 1917 which was shifted to its own building in 1931.

In 1945, the Institution started an Intermediate College with Sri. M.S. Ramaswamy as Founder Principal. In the year 1952, it was upgraded and began to offer the B.Sc course.

The Institution expanded its activities further by starting Law Collage in 1954, Girls High School in 1961, Teachers College in 1963 and Pharmacy College in 1992.

 
© Copyright 2006-2015 Sarada Vilas College All Rights Reserved.         Designed by Veriton Software Solutions Pvt.Ltd.