The Department of Library and Information Centre came into
existence in 1945. It has a spacious and well-maintained library.
Information Resource Centre is the heart of the Sarada Vilas College and It
has huge collection of books, text books, magazine and newspapers. It is
the main hub of the students and teachers for their academic activities,
Apart from that, Library houses a growing collection of reference books,
journals, journal back volumes, dictionaries, encyclopedias, Yearbooks etc.
Also, the library facilitates access to a number of e-journals, e-books
The mission of Sarada Vilas College Library is to collaborate with all
disciplines to empower and teach students to find, evaluate, and use
information effectively. We will collect, organize, and maintain inclusive
information in all its formats to support the intellectual growth of students
and the professional needs of our faculty.
- Provide equitable and continuous access to quality and cost-effective information resources, library services, and technology tools to students, faculty and staff.
- Ensure equitable access by all students to quality, cost-effective resources, current technology tools and other library services that students need for their research, learning and overall success.
- To explore and implement innovative technologies and services to deliver information and scholarly resources, conveniently to users on the campus.
- To provide excellent user education
- To provide outstanding services
- To provide quality collections
- To acquire, organize and update the library collection to support teaching-learning process
- To encourage students to read beyond the requirements of the curriculum
- To work with faculty in integrating information skills, knowledge of information sources
- Use of technology in accessing information needed to strengthen their instruction, research and extension
- To provide instruction and assistance in the effective use of learning resources / services
- Acquisition Section
- Technical Section
- Circulation Section (Membership Registration)
- Periodical section
- Reference Section
- Stack Area
- N-LIST Database
- Internet Browsing Centre
- WEB OPAC
- Xerox Unit
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS
- Students should write their name in the register kept at the entrance of the library.
- Use of mobile phones anywhere in the library premises is strictly prohibited.
- Maintain calm study atmosphere. Silence must be observed in the library at all times.
- Food and Drinks are not allowed in Library premises.
- Bags or personal books are not permitted into the library. Personal belongings should be deposited in the property counter.
- Library is not responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- Books issued for home reading must be returned within 15 days.
- Student will take good care of the books taken out. Any damage will be dealt with a fine.
- All the books need to be returned or renewed physically within the stipulated due date.
- No material from the library should be taken out without proper issue. Taking book(s) without adhering to the procedure will invite disciplinary action.
- Faculty and staff going on long leave will have to return all the borrowed items before leaving the station.
- The lost book or Borrower’s Ticket should be brought to the notice of library staff immediately.
- Students should return library books and surrender their library cards to the library before receiving the admission tickets for the examinations.
LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
||POSITION IN LAC
||Dr. Devika M.
||Dr. Swamy D.
Department of Library and
Department of Commerce
||Dr. Saroja Yallappa Talwar
Department of Mathematics
||Sri. R. A. Manjunath
Department of Microbiology
||Dr. Ananda G.
Department of Kannada
The library regularly performs the following activities:
- Awareness and Learning Program for Library Users
- Orientation Program for New Students
- National Librarian’s Day
- National Library Week
- Conducting Book Exhibition for Purchase of books